The Nielsen Company
3.0 of 5 1,025 reviews
www.nielsen.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great place to start out and get exposure to CPG companies

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat exposure to top level CPG firm, especially right out of college. Gives you a good foundation of excel and how to analysis data. Also, helps you develop client facing skills and how to maintain expectations. Lucked out with a really good leader and the opportunity to work in our international group, meaning colleagures across the world.

ConsNot much room for creativity and innovation, just execute. Compensate on tenure over talent. Very little exposure to top level management. Lately, I hear they are putting restrictions on travel which hinders relationships with clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the MBA

Nielsen is a great place to work, but it depends entirely on your role

Associate Client Director (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: SO MUCH OPPORTUNITY across the "watch and buy" (media and consumer) sides of the business. HR actually encourages rotation through the company, so I… Cons: Too much focus on cost savings - case in point: the TCS relationship. Outsourcing basic client service duties to a country that does not… Advice to Senior Management: Salaries are below the industry average - make sure this is fixed in the near future or all of your employees are going to be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very dynamic environment where having an entrepreneurial spirit helps.

Vice President (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lots of training opportunities Good support for client service Cons: Experience governed more by client sometimes than by Nielsen itself. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Nielsen Company.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Nielsen Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Nielsen Company CEO Mitch Barns . All reviews posted anonymously by The Nielsen Company employees.