The Nielsen Company
3.0 of 5 1,029 reviews
www.nielsen.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great company to build a resume or grow a career

Associate Client Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEveryone knows of Nielsen, so working for The Nielsen Company is great to include on a resume.

Also, in such a large and diverse company there are a lot of opportunities to grow a career here, especially if you are able and willing to move for opportunities.

ConsThe benefits here are pretty bad. Medical insurance is bare bones and the vacation time is as lean as they can legally get away with... on the upside, a lot of positions allow the opportunity to work from home, especially after you have been here a while.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to attract and retain the top talant you must compensate them with similar packages to other top employers. I know many people who have left Nielsen because the pay/benefits were better and they are highly employable.

Nielsen Review

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time

Pros: Academy Company, Leadership Rotational Programs Cons: Can be a challenge to find placement in major cities Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place for learning opportunities

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Culture is great and leadership learning opportunities Cons: Cannot really think of anything negative to say. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Nielsen Company.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Nielsen Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Nielsen Company CEO Mitch Barns . All reviews posted anonymously by The Nielsen Company employees.