The Nielsen Company

www.nielsen.com

Generally a good company, but not in touch with people who don't work in Chicago

ProsPay is reasonably good, and benefits are ok, unless you live in an area where United Healthcare isn't a big insurer. Generally a well respected company, which is nice. "Meritocracy' is good in theory...

ConsThe execution of meritocracy is so dependent on your manager that it isn't really a meritocracy. It all comes down to how "connected" you are with others (above you, that is). There is a constant push to "do more," but some times, you just can't do as much as management wants you to. They are slow to fill vacancies to save some money while the current employees pick up the slack of empty positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with off-site employees more. Find an alternative healthcare program for people in areas not well served by United Healthcare.

Great company to build a resume or grow a career

Associate Client Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Everyone knows of Nielsen, so working for The Nielsen Company is great to include on a resume. Also, in such a large and… Cons: The benefits here are pretty bad. Medical insurance is bare bones and the vacation time is as lean as they can legally get… Advice to Senior Management: If you want to attract and retain the top talant you must compensate them with similar packages to other… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Respect for people

Client Manager (Current Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: friendly place, respect for people and their work Cons: not always very motivating workplace Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Nielsen Company.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!