Corporate Office Employee Underpayment Is This Company's Policy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cary, NC (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC (US)

I worked at The Pantry full-time for more than a year

Pros

The organization's flexibility of working with your work -life schedule.
Openess to accept new ideas as well as implementation of those ideas. The company's processes and procedures are outdated and they now realize to remain competive they must incorporate a higher caliber employee.
Overall respectfull work enviroment especially now that a new CEO has arrived.

Cons

The company makes it a practice to under pay/compensate their employees regardless of performance. If you are thinking about becoming a part of this organization negotiate salary, benefits, and vacation upfront.
Software, policy, practices, and procdeures are outdated even though now there are trying to come into the present.
A lot of the managment aren't as knowledgable in their field as they should be.
The company handbook is too open ended. Alot is left to managerial discretion which opens the company to neopotism or favortism issues.

Fairly compensate your employees to retain your talent versus talented individuals using this organization as a temporary lay over until something better comes along.
Human Resources needs to create a real handbook and don't leave so much up to managerial discretion.

Other Reviews for The Pantry

Talented? Don't work here

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - District Manager in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at The Pantry full-time for less than a year

Pros

The new President seems nice, but knows nothing about how to run this company

Cons

I work in the corporate region, one of the company's best District Manager's went on vacation, came back, went out on illness and coincidentally did not have a job anymore. I was told about another District Manager that worked in Sanford that had a family illness and never came back. It seems like they treat the low performing talent the best and do everything they can to get rid of talent. My boss is an * kissing corporate person who is dating the human resource manager, so there is nothing he can do wrong. Everyone at corp seems afraid of him and let him do whatever he wants.

Upper Management seems really nice but are completely unaware of why they are losing great talent, look no further than the person that leads the corporate area.

In the trenches

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Palm Bay, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Palm Bay, FL (US)

I have been working at The Pantry full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They offered employment when I was laid off from my previous employer (in sales).

Cons

Takes over your life: constant schedule changes, poor communication starting from corporate and within each store, started a training system but still no continuity from store to store, insurance is sub-standard requiring the pay of $1500 out of pocket- on top of rather high weekly premiums- before paying for even a doctor visit (which is difficult when working for less than $10 per hour!)

Get your act together before you sink the whole ship! We need to become more competitive or we will all lose out.

There are newer employer reviews for The Pantry.

Worked for The Pantry? Contribute to the Community!