Thomson Reuters

www.thomsonreuters.com

Solid company, large and very busy with some good experiences

Storage Engineer (Current Employee) Eagan, MN (US)

ProsWorking in the technical organization, you get to experience scale at a level that very few other places come even close to, managing assets across dozens of datacenters across the globe. My coworkers are pretty good given my experiences at other employers. The management has good direction if not maybe a little too much ambition. The benefits are good with a choose your coverage type of health plan.

ConsWIth the scale so large, even the smallest of changes becomes a large undertaking. The Eagan, MN campus while nice is lacking of amenities compared to other large corporate campuses. In the technical organization, positions are very siloed, so branching out of your area can be a bit more difficult than other places.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd some nice amenities to the Eagan campus (home to nearly 7000 employees) such as a minute clinic or beverages beyond coffee. Be more aware of headcount constraints and get people into positions a bit quicker.

Thomson Reuters - Honest employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Excellent work atmosphere, communicative management Cons: Ill defined and ambiguous job roles Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great 10+ years at Reuters but then things started changing

Product Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great company with excellent benefits compared to most american companies. Good… Cons: The benefits used to be much better before the merger but that might be because of the times, things are pretty bad for the financial… Advice to Senior Management: You might want to consider flattening your corporate structure somewhat... 5+ layers of management can be quite counterproductive to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Thomson Reuters.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!