I loved my internship at Thomson Reuters!

Former Employee - Technology Intern  in  Eagan, MN (US)
Former Employee - Technology Intern in Eagan, MN (US)

I worked at Thomson Reuters as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I was just an intern and I was paid very well. My coworkers were fun to work with, my boss was excellent to work for, and the onsite cafeteria and restaurants were amazing!

Cons

It's easy to get lost in the huge campus. The company is so large and acquiring other companies every week. You tend to lose track of what the company's goals are.

Other Reviews for Thomson Reuters

This is a company that you don't want to waste time in your life with.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefit in the past. Good reputation on Editorial/ News.

Cons

This company has laid off employees every year. To year, the target is around 3,500 worldwide. I have seen many staff who had worked for the company over 15 years and got laid off. At that time, you will know that you make a big mistake to dedicate your hard work to this company. This year, the health benefit is terrible. It covers almost nothing.

After Reuters merged with Thomson and CEO Tom Glocer left, this company is just a piece of junk.

It used to be the best job in the world, and in 5 years is now the worst job in the world...

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This used to be a good company to work for until about 3-4 years ago. Now it is awful.

Cons

Nepotism and favoritism is the rule here, with merit oftentimes not rewarded. This results in out of touch management with a systematic effort to "push" out those who do not fit a certain look/popularity contest; in addition, vacations and sick time is regularly denied. Constant layoffs every year, usually targeted.

The field at Westlaw is now a very unethical environment, with the focus on sales at any expense. Used car sales strategy.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!