Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Product Specialist in New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Product Specialist in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Great Learning environment, Great support from upper management

Cons

Hard to work with other departments especially the technical teams-They don't want to take ownership of their responsibilities.
Pay is poor compared to other departments and divisions.

reviews filtered by
  1. I have enjoyed the people in work with directly, but the opportunities for a consultant are limited.

I worked at Thomson Reuters

Pros

The people you work with on a daily basis are exceptional and you have a lot of independence. They value work life balance.

Cons

The pay is not as competitive as it needs to be and the recognition for individual achievements needs to improve. There is no pay incentive based on and individuals performance. All pay increases are based on the business unit as a whole. The career development and training is lacking focus.

Advice to Management

If the business unit as a whole is not going to recognize individual performance appropriately, then then local management needs to be more active in doing so. They also need to do a better job of encouraging career growth and managerial training of the high potential individuals.

2. Thomson Reuters is a great place to work and I'm please with my experience here

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Thomson Reuters has great benefits, flexible time off, and a good management team. Our office environment is friendly and team oriented.

Cons

We have some times of year that are very busy and can require pretty substantial overtime. The compensation seems to be on the low end of the spectrum for my field.

Advice to Management

I would encourage our management team to reward their top performers with better verbal and monetary rewards. I would also encourage them to invest more resources into training employees so that they are more recognized through relevant accreditation and feel more prepared for their work.