A great product brand, but very unstable corporate setting

Current Employee - Accounting  in  New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Accounting in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company has great benefits

Cons

The salaries are very low and non-management employees do not receive annual bonuses

Show more appreciation to non-management employees

Other Reviews for Tiffany & Co.

Santa's Little Helpers

Former Employee - Seasonal Operations Assistant  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Seasonal Operations Assistant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Tiffany & Co. as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

+ Awesome discount on TCO products
    + Knowledgable Staff and Management
    + Good introduction to the luxury retailing environment, great possibility to learn a lot about the company and their procedures in a very short amount of time

Cons

+ Seasonal employees are NOT valued or respected, I was called an "Elf" "Santa's Elf" and "Santa's Little Helper" by multiple managers and regular employees.
    + Position responsibilities are redundant, tirelessly technical, and offer very little room for creativity or personal growth. You act as Tiffany's primary wrapping and shipping department.
    + No chance for advancement in this particular situation. During the interview and initial training, all the seasonals were told about the possibilities that we could be hired as regular, full-time employees, but during our time it was made very obvious that positions were not available. None of the seasonal employees from my location, or neighboring locations that I know of were hired regularly, despite high performance remarks. Don't expect a job offer even if you're great.
    + Business Formal dress code. For seasonal employees, it may be a big drawback to invest in expensive, tailored clothing for a temporary position.
    + Retail working schedule, so you work weekends. This is not so bad if it's a temporary stint.
    + Professional training methods are neglected for seasonal employees. You're expected to hit the ground running.

Streamline your training for seasonal employees within the Operations department. We trained with sales professionals, and a lot of the training wasn't as valuable as hands-on instruction in Operations would have been. Everything we needed to learn in Operations was taught in bits and pieces from current Operations staff just as various tasks needed to be completed. Many mistakes could have been avoided if training were focused on operations, and each of the processes were taught from start to finish.

IT employees on the verge of extinction

Former Employee - Lead Applications Developer  in  Parsippany, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Lead Applications Developer in Parsippany, NJ (US)

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time

Pros

Great team of co-workers
    Good benefits, 401k match, 3 weeks vacation to start

Cons

They are in the process of eliminating employees and bringing in contract programmers to work on specific projects. Employees have no idea what the contract programmers are doing (often generating poor code that needs to be reworked).

Lip service is paid to full project life cycle...but projects are loaded with expanding scope and often lack user sponsors and/or user buy-in and sign off.

Next to no training on new technology.

Return to hiring employees and train them as needed instead of tossing them for contract coders.

There are newer employer reviews for Tiffany & Co..

Worked for Tiffany & Co.? Contribute to the Community!