Time
www.timeinc.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Summer Internship

Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Time as an intern for less than a year

Pros- Great summer project for interns that allows them to present ideas to some of the senior managers (although I don't think anything has ever really come of the ideas for prior years' classes).
- Huge emphasis on work life balance. Not many people in the building past 5pm. Summer Fridays.

Cons- Culture of company is quite slow, even in a tough environment for media companies. There doesn't seem to be much of a bias for action; instead there's a lot of box checking.
- Company is very large and bureaucratic.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlatten the organization so entrepreneurial ideas are better heard.

Time Inc

I have been working at Time

Pros: Time Inc is a very community-oriented companies, and its senior… Cons: The salaries at Time Inc are lower than in other… More

old school

I have been working at Time

Pros: great reputation, contacts and history Cons: crazy hours and poor management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Time.

Worked for Time? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Time reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Time CEO Joseph A. Ripp. All reviews posted anonymously by Time employees.