Time

Time will tell

Former Employee - Sales Manager
Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Time full-time

Pros

Bright, smart, hardworking people. Best of class content, renowned brands. It was with pride that I worked there.

Cons

Too late to digital party. Not the fault of Time Inc. management at first, but initial decision post-AOL to silo digital sales from print sales was a mistake.

261 Other Employee Reviews for Time (View Most Recent)

photo editor

Current Employee - Photo Editor in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Photo Editor in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Time full-time

Pros

challenging and rewarding, a great learning environment if you apply yourself and ask questions, explore information on your own, wonderful experience

Cons

many layoffs and changing work hours, low wages, little mentoring

pair mentors with new hires, have employee reviews every month with critiques, we have little to no support for our performance, it is sink or swim with little appreciation shown, we are just a number, made to know that we are expendable at the drop of a hat, no one seems to have loyalty

A So-So Experience

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Time as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly and supportive co-workers and supervisors. Some employees can get certain days off and can work at home. Free magazines. A nice showcase of the latest technologies and gadgets on the second floor.

Cons

Times needs to update their archaic computers and servers technologies. The work environment is sometimes dull and depressing. Poor management and decisions have turn once great publishing company into a shell of its former self.

In order to turn Time around, start considering ways to retool your magazines. Start with generating better content quality rather than filling pages with endless ads. Restructure all your editing and publishing departments. Utilize both print and technology efficiently so that you can capture new and old generations of readers.

There are newer employer reviews for Time