There are newer employer reviews for Trinity Industries

Good place to learn but pay isn't competitive enough to keep seasoned employees

Former Employee - IT Area in Dallas, TX (US)
Former Employee - IT Area in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Trinity Industries

Pros

Good team culture. Management is understanding of time off needed. Great place to learn advanced technologies for the willing employee. Training is offered although tough to get.

Cons

Pay is not isn't competitive enough to keep seasoned employees. It is hard to stay when any job offer a person gets will probably be a lucrative raise. The vacation policy is very strange. It amounts to one week vacation the first year of employment depending on what month a person starts. It is a business casual environment but the dress code is strict. Jeans are not allowed.

Advice to Management

More competitive salaries would go a very long way to creating lifers. People want to work there but employees are forced to leave for monitary reasons.

reviews filtered by

Great upward potential due to older demographics, manufacturing mentality, and much lower comparative pay and benefits.

I have been working at Trinity Industries

Pros

Older demographics leave lots of room for fast upward growth by hardworking Gen Xrs and Gen Y'rs. Management is honest and hardworking.

Cons

Pay and benefits comparatively lower to most other industry peers. Ultra conservative, old school company does not embrace change well or fast enough.

Advice to Management

In order to effect change, it needs to be enabled through grass roots efforts that are embraced and enforced by Senior mgmt. Pay is not sufficient to compete against your competition. Benefits, especially health care and 401K are lackluster at best, and HC benefits continue to decline in value. Take care of your people, and they will take care of you.

2. I am satisfied with my current level of employment

Current Employee - Operator C in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Operator C in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Trinity Industries

Pros

A very fair company. No union means no union dues and the company treats it's employees fairly and with a sense of respect. Good hours. Company issued personal protective gear including annual safety boots.

Cons

I am currently having some difficulty finding requirements for advancement to next operator level. This appears to be an issue with a number of employees not just myself. I intend to persue the matter, though, and expect that I will be able to get satisfactory results.