U.S. Bank

www.usbank.com

It's a bank job...expectations should be met accordingly

Teller (Former Employee) Vancouver, WA (US)

ProsGreat coworkers, managers who seem to really care about your success and wellbeing, paid holidays and never have to work late night hours. There's plenty of room for career growth if you like the work, and working in a banking environment allows for a better understanding of personal finance.

ConsIt's a sales job through and through. Customer assistance is expected and required (as it should be), but the most "successful" tellers are the ones who convince the most customers to get loans by talking to a banker. There's nothing wrong with this--banks have to make money, but retail banks located in less-frugal areas are at a significant advantage, as US Bank is very picky as to who they loan money to. Standing in a teller window for an entire workday can get extremely boring. Customers who don't know how to handle their own money can get very angry, sometimes even borderline violent. Robberies are more frequent than one would expect, and can be pretty scary.

Advice to Senior ManagementTone down the "sales" aspect of the teller job, and let them focus their energy on assisting customers with everyday transactions.

Good, stable company

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time

Pros: Stable job Lots of opportunity to move around within the bank Cons: Pay is not very competitive More

Solid Bank positions with a healthy company.

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros: Excellent focus on ethics and doing things right Cons: focusing on small details can be a bit menacing. Advice to Senior Management: loosen up on being too anal with small details. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!