There are newer employer reviews for UBS

Positive restructuring in senior management.

Current Employee - Development Manager in London, England
Current Employee - Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at UBS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have found the environment to be meritorious for good people with good ideas. It is easy to look good if you want to improve things, given the large amounts of inefficient processes that need to be addressed.

The issues with the financial markets have made the company focus on promoting internally people that are looking to construct a better business.

Cons

One has to accept that there are poor processes in these businesses with many legacy systems, so you have to be able to come to negotiate some parts of the organisation that lack efficiency.

reviews filtered by

Fairly Ok

Former Contractor - IT Consultant in London, England
    Former Contractor - IT Consultant in London, England

I worked at UBS as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Global Reach, Competetive Salary, Challenging tasks,Bonus schemes

Cons

Lagging behind in terms of technology (still working with old legacy code), staff are too work oriented, not much communication between staffs,

Advice to Management

Try and invest more on staff. Just laying off staff might not be good idea always.

2. A well run organisation

Former Employee - Associate Director in London, England
    Former Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I worked at UBS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting work. Varied work. Nice offices. Good location.Good infrastructure. Decent pay. Good work/life balance. A very well run organisation. Good to work for, a nice culture with some clever individuals. A good environment to learn.

Cons

Seen as non-competitive by it's rivals and as such the pay reflects that. However, that is not to say that pay is not good. Top management need to be seen more and the organisation as a whole needs to be more transparent about the direction of the firm.

Advice to Management

Need to be more transparent and be out on the shop floor in order to be seen by the workforce.

There are newer employer reviews for UBS