There are newer employer reviews for UC San Francisco

If you're considering graduate school, this is a great place to gain experience and exposure to the healthcare field.

Current Employee - Study Coordinator in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Study Coordinator in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at UC San Francisco

Pros

Exposure to bright minds and innovative ideas within the healthcare field. (Your individual work experience, however, will vary from department to department).

Cons

Kind of like our health care system, UCSF seems a little fragmented, with students, residents, and a lot of staff moving on every few years. There are some people who spend most of their career at UC, however.

There is tremendous change happening at the university, and it would be helpful to have more communication for the different levels of management (department, school, and university).

345 Other Employee Reviews for UC San Francisco (View Most Recent)

Brilliant people to work with, still in the public sector so working with tough budgets.

Current Employee - Resident Physician in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Resident Physician in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at UC San Francisco

Pros

Brilliant colleagues. Won't find people around that are smarter. Academic setting that gives great exposure. I would make the choice again.

Cons

Depends on what department you are in. I work in a very incestuous department that just hires each other and swaps around positions, so at times it feels stagnant.

Great institution at which to do science and gain independence as an independent researcher

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at UC San Francisco

Pros

Collaborations, Translational Science Efforts, Great core facilities

Cons

Of course, the experience of a postdoctoral scholar greatly depends on the mentor and so it is important to chose a good scientist/person, and not the institution

No advice for management is necessary, everything is good relative to other institutions.

There are newer employer reviews for UC San Francisco