UPS

www.upsjobs.com
  www.upsjobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

UPS career review

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Solid financial company with good pay and great benefits. People are driven to do a good job and work as a team. For those that have been with the company for a while are still lucky to have a pension which most comparable companies have done away with.

Cons

As with many large companies, change management can be difficult to manage. Upward mobility within the company has slowed down compared to 10-15 years ago.

2709 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

Not a company for management!

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor

I worked at UPS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very stable company
    Good place to get experience

Cons

Does not care about there management people
    Pay is not that great if you look at the amount of hours you are expected to work
    Benefits seem good but not as good as other companies or there union members
    Cut throat atmosphere
    Not professional or ethical, even though the PR they buy says they are

Get experience for as long as you can last there and then look elsewhere. Jim Casey is rolling in his grave looking at what his company has become.

Disappointed Package Handler

Current Employee - UPS Package Handler in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Current Employee - UPS Package Handler in Chantilly, VA (US)

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only pros to this job are the benefits and the overtime (after 5 hours in a shift you get time and a half)

Cons

Oh, where to begin.
    Coworkers - Scum of the earth
    Management - Also scum of the earth, the only thing that saved me was the shop steward.
    Hours - Prepare to not have a life at all, there were times where I'd wake up and go to work, then get home and sleep till it was time to work again.
    Workload - You're expected to complete an extraordinary amount of work every day, which absolutely no breaks. In fact if you take breaks you're penalized for it.
    Salary - Yeah you know how minimum wage is $7.50? Well entry level is only $2 more.

Ya'll haven't changed the beginning salary in the past 12 years, what's up with that? $9.50/hr was a lot back then, now it's barely anything. The low salary makes it harder to retain good people which then in turn affects employee moral. You need to take a close look at how you're treating your employees and change it.

For instance - I worked at UPS for 6 weeks before I received my first paycheck. WHY? IS IT THAT HARD TO SEND OUT A CHECK? That's just incompetence.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS