US Army
3.9 of 5 4,248 reviews
www.army.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

The US ARMY gave me the training, experience, and opportunity needed to become successful.

Systems Administrator (Former Employee)
Augusta, GA (US)

I worked at US Army full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI learned that I could become what ever I wanted in the ARMY. I wanted a viable and marketable trade skill set and I attained just that what I desired.

ConsYou must endure some very harsh conditions and circumstances for very little pay. The hardest part was seeing the civilian counterparts doing similar tasks earning much greater salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire veterans due to the willingness to do most tasks whether simple or difficult. A Veterans attitude and work will deliver desired results to an employer.

Raw leadership experience

I have been working at US Army full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Culture, values, raw experience, large initial responsibility as an officer Cons: Lack of merit based compensation, lack of flexibility in career… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

22 Years

I have been working at US Army

Pros: 30 days of leave a year, great education benefits, great… Cons: War. Bombs. 18 Month tours. Missing limbs. Missed birthdays, missed holidays, too… More

There are newer reviews on US Army.

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Army reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Army CEO John McHugh. All reviews posted anonymously by US Army employees.