US Department of Veterans Affairs

www.vacareers.va.gov
  www.vacareers.va.gov
There are newer employer reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Voc Rehab and Employment Service

Current Employee - Receptionist/Intern in Newnan, GA (US)
Current Employee - Receptionist/Intern in Newnan, GA (US)

I have been working at US Department of Veterans Affairs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent professional assistance. Case Managers take the time to communicate with you while you are in the program. Overall excellent support for a Veteran.

Cons

Try to expedite the turn around time from initial application to actual initial interview and placement in a vocational rehabilitation and/or employment program.

Continue to hire excellent case workers.

575 Other Employee Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs (View Most Recent)

HR Asst @ VA

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Pros

Great benefits; flex hrs; great training; great advancement opportunities if you're a veteran.

Cons

Hard to get a position if you're not currently an employee/veteran/other gov't employee. Leadership is lacking. Change is not accepted very well. Some of management thinks they are still in the military (literally barking out orders) and yelling and belittling other employees in front of one another.

We are all people, which means we can all learn and benefit from each other. If management commands more of their employees, they should first command more of themselves.

Great time

Former Employee - Student Researcher in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Student Researcher in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I worked at US Department of Veterans Affairs as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

A lot of good people, interacting with patients nice, fun atmosphere, great bosses, good food, good pay, great job satisfaction, helping others was good

Cons

The food wasn't great. The hours were quite long. Sometimes patients get cranky, but I guess this is understandable. It's really a good place, I have no qualms.

You're doing great!