There are newer employer reviews for Unicom

This was a good experience for me

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I worked at Unicom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good values, good ideas, good products, good outlook for development of the business, nice new members of marketing department who work hard and have great ideas and vision for the growth of the company

Cons

Bad sales team, wrong exploitation of ideas, arogancy prosper, lack of communication which leads to all kinds of misundestandings, sales head lacking proper managemental skills and education, surrounding with ignorant followers

Advice to Management

Change head of sales

reviews filtered by

All right at first

I worked at Unicom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laugh-a-minute at the office, colleagues nice and friendly, informal easygoing environment

Cons

I was only there three days. I thought it was going to be all right at first. But on my fourth day, I got snapped at by a manager for being "late" - er, my scheduled start was 0900, and I was there at 0850. He said staff are supposed to arrive by 0845. I asked repeatedly if staff were being paid from that time, and it took me ages to get a straight answer, which turned out to be in the negative. I said that I wasn't happy about being expected to work for free at any point of my working day. He said it was "only" 15 minutes. Well it might be now, but then it'll probably extend to 30, then 45, then 60...I said if he wants staff there from 0845, he needs to pay them from that time, even if it doesn't seem that much to him. He said it's so he can give us a team briefing, to "motivate" us for the day. I asked why he can't do that at 0900, and his reasoning was it would take time away from us making calls. What, and his BS games of Charades and Musical Chairs don't (no, I'm not making that up)? The best bit was that when he had a pop at me for being late, he was coming in at exactly the same time as me - so if he's reading this, you're a hypocrite. Anyway, I told him I had no wish to carry on working there and he couldn't believe I was quitting for the sake of "only" 15 minutes. But 15 minutes, 2 hours, makes no odds.

Advice to Management

You don't get my time for free. If 0845 is the mandatory start time, then ADVERTISE it as that and PAY staff from that time. Otherwise, you are misrepresenting the job to applicants. And what would happen to telesales staff who misrepresented a product to customers? They'd get sacked for gross misconduct! So if any managers are reading this, please feel free to explain why you seem to have one rule for management and another for staff.

2. absolutely terrible avoid at all costs

Former Employee - RENEWALS ADVISOR in Northenden, England
    Former Employee - RENEWALS ADVISOR in Northenden, England

I worked at Unicom (Less than a year)

Pros

Non what so ever, complete cowboy company they lie to get what they want daily, and this was at head office.

Cons

Monday to Friday 9-6, everything is going to the same conclusion within this company. Be prepared to lie and have no competent training what so ever, hated giving it 1 star, they need to be reported to trading standards for the pathetic excuse of a company, I was sure whilst I was there they were breaking standard trading rules, don't give a crap about customers, whilst I was on the phone my supervisor would deem it suitable to start shouting derogatory comments about the women on the team, whilst I had to explain to a female customer who had heard everything my supervisor had said, about 20 apologies later from myself and about 30 minutes on the phone, was told off for spending too much time on the phone and I was to apologetic, covering for the management and their sexist and disgusting thoughts and comments, I had to walk after only 6 weeks due to the way staff was ttreated, felt belittled and undermined in everything you do there. Also be prepared for a few days training even at head office your there to make them money nothing more nothing less, absolute horrible con job, please heade this advice AVOID AVOID AVOID UNICON at all costs, unless you don't want a soul at the end of it.

Advice to Management

just close, why does this joke shop of a company even exist, you threaten people if they speak out about you, have threads removed if they "DISS" you, your company acts like the freaking MAFIA of the telecoms profession, staff hate it hear not one customer I spoke to liked Unicon they all claimed to being missold at point of sale can't say I blame them felt I had to continue the lie, I left I wanted to keep my soul intact.