Unisys

www.unisys.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

Needs a new focus to compete again.

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Malvern, PA (US)
Current Employee - Data Analyst in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Unisys

Pros

If you enjoy being an engineer and developing new things, especially with servers. Their Clearpath sales have always kept them running and they continue to improve upon the clearpath server. Everyone here is extremely friendly and all have been here a long time.

Cons

Their revenue has been going down. There really is not much that is going to help them out, besides clearpath sales. However, the recent trend has those sales going down. They only reason they are still in business is because of the S&T department. If you are not applying for this department, I do not reccomend working here at all.

Figure out a way to put us back on the competitive side of IT business.

811 Other Employee Reviews for Unisys (View Most Recent)

Keep believing, but keep your options open.

Current Employee - Manager in Reston, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Reston, VA (US)

I have been working at Unisys

Pros

There are many project specific job opportunities. The company heratage gives one reason to believe that Unisys could be be much more of a market leader. The company pay and benefits are middle of the road, especially in this tough job environment. New leadership has brought a renewed sense of optimisim.

Cons

The company is in trouble as a viable on going concern. Despite new leadership, there is a decent probabilty of bankruptcy and/or breakup in '09. Cost cutting cannot happen fast enough which put all non-client facing staff at risk for job cuts. That said, individual practices will probably do well, especially Federal and HIM.

Glad to see the corp jet go ... keep cutting the fat, especially at corporate HQ.

OK place to visit, I wouldn't want to live there...

Former Employee - Field Technician in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Unisys

Pros

Honestly, the best reason to work at Unisys for me was the huge amount of spare time available to me each day. As a field technician, I was given my work in the morning. After completing my calls, I drove back to my house and did as I pleased.

Cons

My hourly rate was abysmal, and I was not provided any opportunities to advance. The company was in a nose dive, and senior management didn't seem to have any idea how to turn it around. To me, working for Unisys felt like being trapped in the 50's - not a great sign for a technology company.

Try to make friends with some execs at IBM, ok?

There are newer employer reviews for Unisys