Never had a worse job

Former Contractor - Onsite Technician in Dallas, TX (US)
Former Contractor - Onsite Technician in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Unisys as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They provide the DELL training. Thats all.

Cons

Use your own vehicle untill you or it are dead. Extreamly low compensation, upwards of 25,000/year

Advice to Management

Just give up and find employment with your local grocery store. Management is over 1000 miles away and does not care about there employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. Experience has been very stagnant.

I have been working at Unisys

Pros

They have implemented a performance based earnings system where you get paid by how well you perform. They also provide relevant training to employees depending on their job roles

Cons

There's no room for growth, and benefits have been revoked. Tuition re-imbursement is no more and the company would rather hire from outside the company to fill in a position that promote from within. Its an unethical way to save the company money.

Advice to Management

Management is to heavy and manage from remote locations. Best management practice stipulates efficiency and effectiveness starts with the project lead being onsite with team members. There are a lot of unseasoned managers who have risen over the years, but have old ideas and mentality, with lacking formal education. Managers are self centered and care only about themselves. They don't provide path way for growth of their subordinates.

2. Employee Friendly

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Unisys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unisys has a great work atmosphere. Brilliant people to work with. Nice attitude and flexible work culture. Great place to work if one wants a balanced work life and doesn't want a lot of upheavals in the work place.

Cons

Slow growth career wise. Need to wait for ones chances and its usually round robin. Hike and promotions are tough to get. No On-site opportunity

Advice to Management

Management sucks big time. Change your policies and stuffs otherwise company is going to shut down soon.