There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals

United Rentals moving forward

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at United Rentals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Organized management processes, Higher level support for branches, maintenance management programs, online and in person training programs. Branch level manangement support small business atmosphere. Selling old euqipmetn after a few years of use and replacing with new equipment.

Cons

Disorganized transportation and equipment movement processes. Culture supports aggressive business practices to get equipment for rentals from other branches.

More focus on transportation and equipment move processes for accountability and management.

167 Other Employee Reviews for United Rentals (View Most Recent)

We were bought out, lied to, and then put out of a job.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at United Rentals full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We actually did have the CEO come around to visit and they're operating systems were similar to what we had. They had a business plan.

Cons

The CEO was touring which locations to shut down and lay off the employees and the employees that we had and they kept all say that they are very unorganized and no one wants to work as a team. When we were laid off they held a meeting on the company's status after the buyout and someone asked straight forward if there were going to be any job losses, they said no. We left the meeting and immediately after 2 people were called into the office and let go. So in my opinion they will always be liars and untrustworthy.

The people working for you or forced to work for you are adults and depend on their jobs. Don't try to lie and pretend everything is okay. Let the employees know that they have to let people go so that they may be prepared in case of the worst. Work on your team building and organizational skills because right now they suck!

Challenging, enjoyable experience

I worked at United Rentals

Pros

Great coworkers, variety in the work

Cons

Long, somewhat unpredictable hours
    Poor Weather (Outdoor work)

There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals

Worked for United Rentals? Contribute to the Community!