United Rentals

www.unitedrentals.com

United Rentals moving forward

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

Pros

Organized management processes, Higher level support for branches, maintenance management programs, online and in person training programs. Branch level manangement support small business atmosphere. Selling old euqipmetn after a few years of use and replacing with new equipment.

Cons

Disorganized transportation and equipment movement processes. Culture supports aggressive business practices to get equipment for rentals from other branches.

More focus on transportation and equipment move processes for accountability and management.

Other reviews for United Rentals

work

Current Employee - Parts
    Current Employee - Parts

Pros

got a job and it pays my bills for the time being until i can advance if i can.

Cons

favoritism. hard to move in the company bec the turned the branches into a skeleton company. so people dont move

none

We were bought out, lied to, and then put out of a job.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

Pros

We actually did have the CEO come around to visit and they're operating systems were similar to what we had. They had a business plan.

Cons

The CEO was touring which locations to shut down and lay off the employees and the employees that we had and they kept all say that they are very unorganized and no one wants to work as a team. When we were laid off they held a meeting on the company's status after the buyout and someone asked straight forward if there were going to be any job losses, they said no. We left the meeting and immediately after 2 people were called into the office and let go. So in my opinion they will always be liars and untrustworthy.

The people working for you or forced to work for you are adults and depend on their jobs. Don't try to lie and pretend everything is okay. Let the employees know that they have to let people go so that they may be prepared in case of the worst. Work on your team building and organizational skills because right now they suck!

There are newer employer reviews for United Rentals.

Worked for United Rentals? Contribute to the Community!