UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
  www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Happy Employee

Current Employee - Director in Hartford, CT (US)
Current Employee - Director in Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Fair and equitable place, room for advancement, support of goals

Cons

constant fluctuations and re-orgs, not enough team building situations or activities

a clearer idea of what our overall goal and outlook is without any of the bells and whistles would be nice. show us that the daily stuff that affects us also affects you.

2126 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Buyer beware ....

Former Employee - Outside Consultant in Eden Prairie, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Outside Consultant in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Organization has one of the largest accumulations of intelligent people in the industry.

Cons

No alignment, the company exists to support UnitedHealthcare and Uniprise (other UHG companies get a "pass" on working with Ingenix and don't), the industry dislikes the UHG relationship and that impedes the true value, and UHG treats its employees like sled dogs (if you pull the sled fast - you get an extra piece of meat. if the sled tips over - one/many of you will be shot and discarded).

Run it like a separate business - stop living off the mothership and focus on the industry.

Ingenix Review

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Large company with a diverse culture and sizable career growth opportunities. The company has embraced telecommuting and lots of employees take advantage of this opportunity. Ingenix has several offices across United States, UK and India.

Cons

As with most large companies, it is difficult to get things done quickly. Looking back at my time spent working for a smaller company, I realized just how much more efficiently one can operate in a small company.

Keep communicating with the employees any chance you get. And not just when it is convenient or when there are good news to report. It is just as important to keep the dialog with employees flowing even when the company faces uncertainty in the marker or falls into difficult financial times.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group