2004 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Current Health Advocate looking for another job

Current Employee - Health Advocate  in  Bloomington, MN (US)
Current Employee - Health Advocate in Bloomington, MN (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and that is about all

Cons

So many.....
Growing too fast with no vision
Upper management lacks common sense
Not respecting the great employees they have
Promised 2 things during the interview/ with recruiter and has not honored either one of them
Upper management is never seen and barely heard
Old systems that are constantly crashing
Metrics is all they care about
Medical benefits suck

--Please listen to your employees we are in the field doing the job first hand. We have the best experience and knowledge to draw from for ideas and creativity
--understand work/life balance
--Follow through with everything promised in an interview and be fair to ALL employees and divisions
--If veteran employees are not cutting it, doesn't punish the newer employees that are excelling. Instead punish the veteran employees and praise the newer employees who are out shining them in many aspects.
--Use common sense and fairness

Other Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

WORST COMPANY EVER TO WORK FOR

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional  in  Oldsmar, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Oldsmar, FL (US)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

um, u get a paycheck

Cons

hard to get time off, you get written up if u missed work-even if you were admitted to the hospital as an emergency, supervisors and managers do not care about you only your numbers-I was put on medical leave-strict bed rest and not once in my entire time off did anyone in mgmt email me or call me to see how I was doing or when I was coming back, this is the worst company I have ever worked for and I am so glad I left there-I do not recommend this company to anyone unless you are truly desperate. They expect you to get off the phone within 4 minutes to take more calls so you can meet your metrics every month instead of helping the customers, you can't get any help from the supervisors because they haven't a clue as to what they are doing, you dont get to move up unless you brown nose it...............run as far away from this company as possible

Meh...

Former Employee - Manager  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay and benefits can be alright, depending upon the your location and the position you have. Work environment is good - free coffee at most locations.

Cons

Big company - Hurry up and wait. Also, despite experiencing growth recently, the organization is stale at the top and in need of some new vision. Overall, employee morale is poor - despite the survey results they tout - everyone lies on those since they believe (rightly) that they are not anonymous.

Look hard at the management level that has been there for a number of years - they have all risen to the level of, well further then they should go.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!