There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Overall Good

Former Employee - Director  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Financial stability, competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit package from parent company (UnitedHealth Group)

Cons

Constant leadership and organizational changes; parent company drives strategy which is not always shared or embraced by business unit leaders

1996 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Most Disappointing Work Experience of my Career

Former Employee - Telesales Agent  in  Green Bay, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Green Bay, WI (US)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent pay, okay benefits. Clean, professional work environment. Tried to create a somewhat "fun" environment with theme weeks and promotions for campaign kickoffs.

Cons

It's all about the numbers. Most everyone was hired for the busy Medicare Advantage selling season at the end of the year. Once that was over, expectations changed and one-by-one, we were all let go. This happened to a friend of mine the year before and I was hoping the company had changed, but it didn't. I left a good job for what I thought was a better opportunity at United Health Group, but I was never more wrong. If you start working there, keep your head down, your mouth shut, and do nothing to get noticed.

Stop lying.

Sales Manager

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunity to work on many and varied projects. Most employees are easy to work with and try to be helpful, they really care about the quality of their work.
    Offers many courses to enhance your knowledge.

Cons

Extremely inconsistent, management changes course and leadership about every 3-6 months (in some cases complete opposite direction). People have been promoted to Managment positions without background or knowledge of the division they are leading; bypassing more qualified candidates (tends to follow clique). Senior management does not know how each division, purchased by Optum had created such as successful organization (why each company was purchased in the first place).
    No work/life balance at this company. PTO allotted is nice, but extremely hard to utilize especially toward the end of the year, even if goals have been attained. Lots of stress and morale is very low.

Constantly changing direction and focus is confusing to employees, partners, and clients. Leaders need to have background and knowledge of the divisions they lead instead of having their junior employees train them in their job.
    Products are very stale and outdated. Review the employee feedback and make meaningful changes.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!