University of Leeds
www.leeds.ac.uk Leeds, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Freedom to investigate within projects

Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee)

I have been working at University of Leeds

ProsGreat company pension contribution and work is limited to EU time constraints (although, personally I favour project management which gets the job done and not partially done within the time constraints).

ConsBosses are pushed towards publications meaning work can be highly pressured (but that is how I work best) and performance is rated on attainment and not attempts, so to be successful one has to not only work hard but work accurately.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more pro-active on training the people who can be leaders in their current field but also in other opportunities that may come their way. Better training in different applied skills would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty good place to do your PhD

PhD Student (Current Employee)

I have been working at University of Leeds

Pros: Good facilities, good location, large body of experience to draw… Cons: Long hours, limited opportunities to advance, lots of cut backs… Advice to Senior Management: Discuss changes with people on the ground rather than making changes… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Does Leeds Lead?

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Leeds

Pros: A good amount of flexibility of hours and working practices can be found. It varies from department to department,… Cons: Slow to make decisions, just because you are an academic doesn't make you a good manager or good at setting… Advice to Senior Management: Get out there and work in industry and bring your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on University of Leeds.

Worked for University of Leeds? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Leeds reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Leeds CEO Michael Arthur. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Leeds employees.