There are newer employer reviews for University of Leicester

Learning and Satisfactory

Current Employee - International Strategist
Current Employee - International Strategist

I have been working at University of Leicester

Pros

Good place to work. Very flexible work environment. Appreciations well dished out. Opportunities of growth are plenty. Lots of holidays.

Cons

Slow and monotonous. Tedious procedures.

21 Other Employee Reviews for University of Leicester (View Most Recent)

Great to work for

Current Employee - Administrator  in  Leicester, England
    Current Employee - Administrator in Leicester, England

I have been working at University of Leicester full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great cpd, training and opportunities. Good flexibility of working hours. Great reduced gym membership for two gyms. And notifications of many many free lectures and events across campus.

Cons

Sometimes getting things done/approved can be problematic. Large open plan office can also be a problem re lighting, temperature and noise but that is no diffent to any other shared open plan space.

Give a decent pay rise more often - top managers seem to have one!

Very supportive and friendly atmosphere. Well structured and fluid workload with scope.

Current Employee - Research Administrator  in  Leicester, England
    Current Employee - Research Administrator in Leicester, England

I have been working at University of Leicester full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible working hours - I am often able to fit a 7 hour day between the hours of 7am and 9pm which is good for when I have other commitments. Self structured working allowing me to use variation when a particular area of work gets tedious or boring. If I need something all I have to do is ask (stationary, advice, contact info, training etc...). My particular field of work allows me to advance my knowledge through low level research posters and attendance at relevant conferences and meetings. Although not specified in the job description it certainly helps expand my knowledge and understanding!

Cons

Certain areas of work are tedious and boring but often need doing to meet deadlines and data submissions. Flexibility is based upon what workload is needed/not needed at the time. Career opportunities aren't often available and are often unclear. Pay is pretty low compared to others my age (26) and the pay scale increments only come around once a year AND you hit a 'ceiling' after 5 years.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Leicester

Worked for University of Leicester? Contribute to the Community!