University of Phoenix

www.phoenix.edu
  www.phoenix.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix

Very enjoyable

Current Employee - Faculty in San Jose, CA (US)
Current Employee - Faculty in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at University of Phoenix as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Teach on-line from home. Ability to "give back" to society and help others gain educational knowledge and help them move up in the world

Cons

Contract based so pay flow can be unpredictable. As in all teaching the pay really isn't that great

708 Other Employee Reviews for University of Phoenix (View Most Recent)

Has changed over the last few years

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice culture and benefits are very good. Education is completely covered aside of reading materials which isn't bad. Can choose your schedule although you do have to have one late day a week and there is a Saturday coverage rotation. Get to help people make a difference in their life by furthering their education. Pay is one of the highest among this positions at other schools. Lots of development! I feel very prepared to do a lot of things after all the trainings and experiences I have had here.

Cons

Told to do one thing but expected to do another: do what is in the best interest of the student but need to enroll many students each month. Micro managed like crazy: each day must have many dials, hours of talk time, be available for calls, and generate referrals. You are questioned if one of these is low. There are even times you have to IM others you are leaving your desk to get coffee or use the restroom. Must work at least one evening a week and rotate Saturday shifts. No overtime. People you talk to on the phone can be very rude and it can be frustrating when students give up for silly reasons or manipulate government funding.

Don't micro-manage! Mean what you say. If you want me to focus on having quality conversations with students, dont write me up for not enrolling enough students for the quarter.

fast paced for profit school concerned with success

I have been working at University of Phoenix

Pros

Wonderful atmosphere for students to learn. Team effort to enhance student success.

Cons

Students do not always understand the pressures of working at University of Phoenix and become angered easily.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix