University of Wyoming
www.uwyo.edu Laramie, WY 5000+ Employees

Great place to work

Programmer Analyst Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Wyoming full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFantastic benefits, employer contributes a large amount to retirement and encourages continuing education by providing free classes to employees, pay is reasonable for government institutions. Good culture and values, strong feeling of job security.

ConsToo many layers of middle management in some departments, which causes things to move much more slowly than they should. The hiring process takes a long time, and anything that requires a decision from upper management usually has to go through multiple meetings for approval.

I had a great experience

Barista (Former Employee)
Laramie, WY (US)

I worked at University of Wyoming part-time for less than a year

Pros: Flexible hours and a good work environment and culture Cons: No opportunities for raises if working in food service Advice to Senior Management: Provide small annual raises to food service employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

My experience here at the University of Wyoming has been exceptional!

Laramie, WY (US)

I have been working at University of Wyoming full-time for more than a year

Pros: Superb work environment Excellent health benefits State retirement benefits Great community Traffic - None Like working in a park Close… Cons: It does get very cold Nearest neighboring town is 45 miles… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on University of Wyoming.

Worked for University of Wyoming? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Wyoming reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Wyoming CEO Tom Buchanan. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Wyoming employees.