Unum Group

Worst ever!!

Employee (Current Employee)
Chattanooga, TN (US)

I have been working at Unum Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBenefits, Mon-Fri work week. Vacation days. All the money the company wastes on fun days doing nothing, hiring a big name motivational speaker for an all day event, sending employees to Disney world..The pro is for the upper management, CEO's and teachers pets, but the company wastes to much money on fun, but at least there is a lot of fun for the employees!!

ConsI have had 7 mangers in 7 years of employment. Workflow changes bi-weekly or weekly or daily..(seriously) -Managers pick favorites. for a disability company; they treat employees bad for using FMLA or STD benefits. Teamwork is impossible with managers playing favorites. The employee is never right. The managers think they are and some of us know more than them. No understanding for single mothers leaving to pick up their sick child without having a initial mark on their HR file. Kids dont get sick once a year so if the employee leaves or calls in for this they can eventually loose their job as they only allow 6 occurrences and then you are terminated. Some managers treat their employees worse than you would treat a prisoner. This company says how tey want to make our customers lives better on their commercials, but they dont treat their employees the same. Never take a job their. anything good you hear about this company is from upper management or a "teachers pet". What I said is REAL 100%-

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together-quit changing procedures daily. This only makes us more stressed and confused and causes productivity to slow. Quit picking favorites and dont let your Senior employees(DBS, BCA,,Admin,MRU, etc) tell everyone's business (which they are bound by contract to not do) and then believe them when they say they didnt repeat others personal information.

Good company

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Unum Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: GREAT people, decent opportunity, fantastic training program--best in the industry Cons: A lot is contingent on how good your territory is Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Striving to be a competitor in the insurance industry.

I have been working at Unum Group full-time

Pros: There are many opportunities for growth and development. There are… Cons: The internal technology of Unum is limited and frustrating. Several years after merging… More

There are newer reviews on Unum Group.

Worked for Unum Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Unum Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Unum Group CEO Tom Watjen. All reviews posted anonymously by Unum Group employees.