There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group

Worst ever!!

Current Employee - Employee in Chattanooga, TN (US)
Current Employee - Employee in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I have been working at Unum Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, Mon-Fri work week. Vacation days. All the money the company wastes on fun days doing nothing, hiring a big name motivational speaker for an all day event, sending employees to Disney world..The pro is for the upper management, CEO's and teachers pets, but the company wastes to much money on fun, but at least there is a lot of fun for the employees!!

Cons

I have had 7 mangers in 7 years of employment. Workflow changes bi-weekly or weekly or daily..(seriously) -Managers pick favorites. for a disability company; they treat employees bad for using FMLA or STD benefits. Teamwork is impossible with managers playing favorites. The employee is never right. The managers think they are and some of us know more than them. No understanding for single mothers leaving to pick up their sick child without having a initial mark on their HR file. Kids dont get sick once a year so if the employee leaves or calls in for this they can eventually loose their job as they only allow 6 occurrences and then you are terminated. Some managers treat their employees worse than you would treat a prisoner. This company says how tey want to make our customers lives better on their commercials, but they dont treat their employees the same. Never take a job their. anything good you hear about this company is from upper management or a "teachers pet". What I said is REAL 100%-

Get your act together-quit changing procedures daily. This only makes us more stressed and confused and causes productivity to slow. Quit picking favorites and dont let your Senior employees(DBS, BCA,,Admin,MRU, etc) tell everyone's business (which they are bound by contract to not do) and then believe them when they say they didnt repeat others personal information.

133 Other Employee Reviews for Unum Group (View Most Recent)

Good company

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Unum Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

GREAT people, decent opportunity, fantastic training program--best in the industry

Cons

A lot is contingent on how good your territory is

great training company a first step to other industry jobs

I worked at Unum Group

Pros

young sales group so you will have people to party with
    great training programs for entry level people

Cons

limited growth potential and job becomes redundant

There are newer employer reviews for Unum Group