VMware
3.4 of 5 1,152 reviews
www.vmware.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

So far so good...

Solutions Architect (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

ProsCutting Edge Products
Biggest Market Share - Virtulization/Cloud
25000 Partners w97% of fortune 500 as customers
Internal communication platforms are great for collaboration

ConsFast paced environment with a very entrepreneurial feel, which is good and bad. Travel policy is a lot less lenient than the consulting firm I came from.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaven't been here long enough to tell but it seems like upper management leaves the micro managing to you and they worry about the macro. They are very interested in your professional growth and will let you know when you've done a good job.

more VPs than a bank

Group Product Manager (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at VMware

Pros: - great people, the smart ones are still here - the vision is amazing, very few can make… Cons: at the lower ranks, it's not clear the right people are getting promoted. With more and more… Advice to Senior Management: There was a time when getting stuff done was what we held people accountable to. Now it's about "smart thinking" but the actual… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great, but could be better.

Member of Technical Staff II (Current Employee)
Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at VMware

Pros: * There are excellent opportunities to work closely with technical leaders, which is a uniquely educational experience. * At least within some groups, ideas live and… Cons: * Leadership does not seem to be proactive about providing feedback. * Promotions don't always seem to make sense; the people who deserve promotions seem to… Advice to Senior Management: * Replace the "360-degree" review system with something that actually works; employees should be able to both give and receive clear feedback about performance. * Buckle… More

There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VMware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. All reviews posted anonymously by VMware employees.