Like Tech Companies should be

Current Employee - General Manager in London, England
Current Employee - General Manager in London, England

I have been working at VMware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is fantastic and a willingness to listen

Cons

Complex mix of products means it is hard to understand priorities and customers are yet to comprehend company is more than server virtualisation

Advice to Management

Understand the complexity of what we have to do now and in the future is orders of magnitude more complex than previously

reviews filtered by

Great products, great people, awful management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frimley, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frimley, England

I have been working at VMware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great products, great engineering, great culture. VMware is getting to be a beast of a company but it's still overall a good place to work. Underpromise and overdeliver is the unofficial motto, and the rabid customer fan base shows it. This company shows great promise for employees even with revenues in the multiple billions now.

Cons

You do NOT want to work for this company anywhere in the Europe/UK&Ire region. APJ and AMER have it really good - colleagues from those regions almost universally love it. In the UK it operates as a completely different organisation and management/HR (which covers all of Europe as well) is appaulingly terrible to deal with. There is also very little upward mobility opportunity in the UK office and middle management is deeply engrained.

Advice to Management

Carefully examine the job performance of everyone at the director level and above in EMEA in every group. Someone (or more than one someone) is rotten and needs replaced.

2. Amazing & inspiring place to work in

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Frimley, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Frimley, England

I have been working at VMware

Pros

Technologically advanced, current leader in the IT technology industry, way ahead of competitors. Nice environment in Frimley, generally nice and helpful people all around!

Cons

Feels that consultants are a bit isolated from each other and the company in general, more interaction and team work is needed.