Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Fantastic Growth Opportunities and Awesome Culture

Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC (US)
Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC (US)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What a happy work environment! Verizon Wireless takes excellent care of its employees. There are so many morale-building and fun activities that we engage in, both here in the center and out in the community. We live by our credo, which talks about integrity, teamwork, and being the best - not the biggest. I love that our representatives don't work off of a script and are encouraged to build a personal connection with each and every customer they speak to. I started just under 5 years ago and I've been able to progress multiple steps and gain knowledge and experience in multiple fields and departments, ultimately securing a Recruiter position, my dream since I began. It's possible to progress with hard work and proving your ability to make responsible decisions and grow through embracing feedback. We focus on metrics surrounding what our customers think about us, not just processing calls. This keeps us in check and proves that a positive attitude and a willingness to help can take you very far. Goals are realistic and are customer-centered. Overall, a wonderful place to work with fantastic benefits and a wonderful employee and customer base.

Cons

Representative schedules, early in a career, may be unfavorable, as schedule bidding is based on seniority.

Keep up the great work. Keep taking feedback from customers and employees to keep improving and busting bureaucracy.

3521 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Retail Work hours are ugly

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and training are excellent. Diversity in hiring. Employees well educated so working with associates a good experience as they're your new family.

Cons

Commission structure changes often to limit ability to earn top $. Work schedule would be difficult for an employee with family obligations. Not much room for career growth as store managers have their favorites.

None.

Where is customer service?

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, decent pay, great training.

Cons

Care more about what you can sell the customer instead of what the customer needs. They try to have you quickly move customers with real issues out as quickly as possible and reprimand you when you try to actually help them out, No loyalty to sales people, even if you have excellent numbers in every category, if you can't sell their "flavor of the month" you are subject to losing your job no matter how much revenue you make them.

Have you seen the recent J.D. Power and associates reviews of Verizon wireless customer service? You should concentrate more on pleasing your current customers than trying to nickel and dime them and high pressure them into buying something they don't want and will regret later.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless