In a long career at Vertafore, I have always liked the work, my co-workers and customers.

I have been working at Vertafore full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In my experience there is a serious desire to do the right thing. That's not always easy with so many acquisitions and products plus customers with varying needs. The work is varied and interesting. It's a challenge to learn as much as possible about the industry and Vertafore's place in it. I feel that I have the authority to accomplish my goals.

Cons

In focusing on getting things right, frequent management changes are made which make things more complicated in the short term.

Communication with employees is only fair and could be better.

Other Reviews for Vertafore

So. Much. Drama.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  East Lansing, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI (US)

I worked at Vertafore full-time for more than a year

Pros

Agile company. Doing formal Scrum. Process is cemented in place. Really smart developers. Focus on technical excellence. Relaxed atmosphere. A couple really outstanding Scrum Masters who care.

Cons

It's always me vs. you, us vs them, dev vs QA, dev vs. mgmt, support vs. dev, Scrum Master vs. angry developers, POs vs. the world, etc, etc. I've never seen more people cry at work than at this place. A culture of conflict that serves little purpose to advance the company. It's not that people here disagree. Disagreement is healthy. It's that they don't trust and respect each other enough and so most people think they're right and you're wrong and care little how they convey that message.

And there's the complaining. If it's not Scrum or Agile, it's process in general, it's management, or "corporate," having too many "useless" meetings, having to stand up and speak for 5 minutes every day about what they're working on, or take 30 seconds to update JIRA. It's not everyone, but its systemic enough and its contagious.

There is a looming sense of entitlement throughout development. And there are people who work very hard and don't get recognized as "Awesomenaut of the Year" or whatever, most likely because they don't assert themselves hard enough in public.

Don't give up. And don't settle. Keep up your technical standards, but see the value in cultivating better teams and culture and take action to let people know that's as much of a priority as getting results.

Great People, Good Products

Current Employee - Training Consultant
    Current Employee - Training Consultant

I have been working at Vertafore full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are definitely the best reason to work for Vertafore. The company has a varied culture, based on location, but the folks you work with are always top notch.

Cons

Sometimes a more thorough vetting of ideas would be good before racing to market.

Keep the best of the culture of the offices, and spread it to every location.

There are newer employer reviews for Vertafore.

Worked for Vertafore? Contribute to the Community!