Virgin America
www.virginamerica.com Burlingame, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good company but lots to work on.. like many others ;) LA Based Inflight

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Virgin America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe People! Amazing! I've made friends that I seriously never though I would. Flight benefits are ok..I've had better.. But with inflight you've got jumpseat agreements which are great! Money is not bad..for a relatively new carrier.. 1st yr 20 ,2nd 22 ,3rd 24 and so on.. Im sure pay scales will change. Minimum hrs is 70 max is 130.. If you work your butt off you can make good money. You get incentive pay after I believe 80 or 85 hours. But tax deductions suck!! Get married or make some babies. Lol. Its a different culture here which will, unfortunately, eventually die but great while it lasts..Easy job, good $$!

ConsHealth insurance is expensive.. Stick to your spouses insurance or your parents and save money! Job security is not very good here at Virgin.. Five years and still no profit,, Now they are asking for voluntary leaves and cutting down flights.. like half. Its great that they're doing something about it but its worry some when your load factor is at 70% after all that. Honestly.. If I we're you consider Southwest or JetBlue before you come here until (if) we succeed. Its a great job but not much room for growth.. Besides lead position. If you want to move up the later you have to brown nose A LOT! Again great company but do yourself a favor and consider looking else where for something stable.

Advice to Senior ManagementEhh.. never listen anyway..

fun and customer oriented

GST (Current Employee)

I have been working at Virgin America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - paradise for passangers - fun environment - innovative ideas -many young people fresh… Cons: - favoritism - putting guests needs way up high in the priority list - no internal guidelines or Policies and… Advice to Senior Management: equal application of work rules to every employee more intensive plans Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

My experience was terrible

Reservation Team Member (Former Employee)
Kent, WA (US)

I worked at Virgin America full-time for more than a year

Pros: it's a way to earn a quick paycheck Cons: They don't pay much for all the work you have… Advice to Senior Management: Stay away at all costs No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Virgin America.

Worked for Virgin America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Virgin America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Virgin America CEO C. David Cush. All reviews posted anonymously by Virgin America employees.