Great place to work!

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Austin, TX (US)
Current Employee - QA Engineer in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Volusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of free food and culture events. I actually enjoy coming to work. It is great being able to relax at work when you need to and still be motivated to do your best.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons that have to do with the culture or people that work there. However, I do feel that internally hired position can some times pay under the market rate.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

reviews filtered by

Good team, nice people, chance for growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Volusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Volusion knows the value of its development team and works hard not only to keep them happy, but leave them alone where it counts to do so. Developers are allowed to choose or make their own tools, design their own processes, and make their own schedules. Though software quality takes a back seat to business needs like any company, you do get plenty of chances to do something cool.

Cons

The corporate culture is somewhat conservative in terms of innovation and envelope-pushing, and conversely, the office environment is a little too much on the rambunctious side. Upper management is too involved in day-to-day product direction decisions, especially visual ones, and that slows down the pace of green-field development so it seems glacial sometimes.

Advice to Management

Know your strengths. You are great a building a customer-service-focused business. You are not UI pioneers.

Greatest company to work for with some of the most interesting challenges

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Volusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Volusion definitely gives meaning to the phrase "work hard, play hard." Without a doubt they care about employees and make it fun to work here. There are business and technical challenges to make even the most seasoned person get excited. Management is rock solid in their decisions and it makes it easy to want to work here.

Cons

With the amount of growth there are definitely some challenges with meeting new people, but with all the team builders happening there is time to get to know each other.

Advice to Management

Wish we had more visibility into how the company is doing. We trust you but would like to hear the excitement at a global level.