Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
  www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Great Benefits and Advancement Opportunities

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Naperville, IL (US)
Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Naperville, IL (US)

I worked at Walgreens part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at walgreens felt like a family, company cares about it's employees, good management, and great team.

Cons

The pay wasn't very good but at least they offered health insurance.

Do not gossip! lol

3948 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Beauty Adviser at Walgreens

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Newark, DE (US)
    Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Newark, DE (US)

I worked at Walgreens part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The environment can be very upbeat and exciting. There is generally never a dull moment and you are constantly moving. Having the opportunity to interact with customers face-to-face of a daily basis was also fun. On the job you also learn a lot about the latest products which was fun. Hours at the location I worked at were also very flexible and the managers were generally pretty understanding if you were not available to work a certain shift.

Cons

Some managers that I dealt with during my time working there seemed out of touch with their employees. I often encountered management that sat in the back room and did nothing while the rest of the employees were out doing work on the sales floor.

Listen to the needs of employees and work towards establishing relationships with them.

My time at Walgreen's was a fun and exciting learning experience

Former Employee - Head Photo Specialist, Senior Beauty Advisor in Bothell, WA (US)

I worked at Walgreens full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Walgreen's is a great company to work for. They have great benefits and a lot of opportunity for growth.

Cons

Walgreen's is a very large company, which makes it very difficult to follow every expectation. With different clientele and employees, it's hard to apply every rule to each location.

With the recent changes at Walgreen's, it's hard to give advice. It seems that the transitions, while a bit hard on the employees, are working in their benefit.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens