Walgreens

www.walgreens.com

Working in the Pharmacy

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Chesterfield, MO (US)

ProsAll technicians have to be certified so you are not working with people who don't know there jobs. Workflow keeps everyone in place allowing the shift to run smoothly.Great benefits, can buy shares in the co, in-store discounts and online. Great pharmacists.

ConsShifts are constantly cut. Managers don't stay long because of the workload placed on them. Customers are horrid to the staff, and then are given gifts cards for their hissy fits. Need to higher more technicians for the number of prescriptions. Pharmacy constantly swamped. Be ready to deal with rude doctors and outsourced insurance agents who don't have a clue.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop cutting shifts and add more technicians so the ones you have are not pulling their hair out. Without the extra help lots of mistakes are made making the company look incompetent.

Look busy

Pharmacist (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: We have the best computer system. We still have stock purchase I think where you can get $2,500 free each… Cons: They are taking away every reason to work there including stock options, extra holiday pay, and now starting in 2014 you earn your vacation as… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the balance rewards requirement to get the sale price. Sometimes people just want quick service and while it is nice to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

One of the best retail jobs I've had.

Service Clerk (Current Employee) Gladstone, OR (US)

I have been working at Walgreens part-time for less than a year

Pros: -better than minimum wage pay -great work environment -management seems to have… Cons: -rarely feel pressured from management about pushing special sales to customers who… Advice to Senior Management: Not really to management, but the company as a whole, get rid of the "monthly special sales" they are a waste of time, if people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!