Walgreens
2.9 of 5 2,787 reviews
www.walgreens.com Deerfield, IL 5000+ Employees

Potential career downgraded to just a job.

Certified Photo Specialist (Current Employee)
Toms River, NJ (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFriendly co-workers and management; pays the bills; relatively stress-free job; the work you do is appreciated

ConsLack of performance based raises (2.5% across the board does not make me want to do more); customers at times (it's retail, you have to expect it); WAY too much bureaucracy (corporate does not understand how stores actually work); low employee morale, especially with management restructuring. This went from a potential career path to just a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe store-level employees are an intricate part to the company. Cut back the bonuses you are writing yourselves and show some appreciation to people who help drive the sales that write your paychecks.

Medmark Specialty Pharmacy was awesome place to work until purchased by Walgreens

IT Analyst (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I worked at Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy when it was still Medmark. Best job I ever had until Walgreens purchased it. I reported directly… Cons: Once purchased by Walgreens, that was taken away along with everything else (health insurance sky rocketed, loss of vacation time, even the free drinks in… Advice to Senior Management: Small things like the snacks and drinks in the conference rooms were big for morale. Take them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Easy job, with not much room to move up

Photo Specialist (Former Employee)
Glendale, AZ (US)

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Discount, flexible hours, decent pay. Cons: Management has no concern for employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walgreens CEO Greg Wasson. All reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees.