There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Inviting, and a wonderful learning experience.

Current Employee - Shift Lead  in  Mayfield, KY (US)
Current Employee - Shift Lead in Mayfield, KY (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for less than a year

Pros

They seem to hire the best they can find, and their training is extensive and second to none I've seen.

Cons

The hours can be bad if you don't do swing shifts well, but

Provide more money to update the training, it's good but dated.

3543 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Time to move on. Deadend job with no promotions.

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Walgreens part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours to work around my school schedule...but mainly based on your pharmacy manager.

Cons

Not enough available hours so always understaffed. Store manager wanted what's best for the company and started scheduling us for 4 to 6 hour shifts instead of a full 8 hour shift, which is a waste my time.

Give us better raises for staying with the company so long. I've worked with this company for 5 years and I just received an offer from a major pbm for 50cents more an hour with plenty of chances to get raises and promotions. They can guarantee full time with 8 hour shifts, two breaks, and many available overtime opportunities.

The Ohio Experience

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most efficient workflow in retail pharmacy when adequately staffed; endorsing many key pharmacist initiatives in MTM, screening for disease, and consultations. Training time given and most staff trained & competent with customer focus.

Cons

High investor-driven philosophy leading to short-term budgetary decisions that caused layoffs & lost or inconvenienced Rx customers (i.e. loss of Express Scripts in Jan 2012 only to have it back in Sept).
    Decisions not targeted to specific markets. Possible favoritism in store assignments.

New initiatives were secondary to maintaining & increasing the patient base in competitive markets as in Ohio. While a difficult decision, too many were adversely affected by layoffs for what was less than a year of a suspended insurance contract.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!