There's a reason they're #1

Current Employee - Merchandise Supervisor in Irmo, SC (US)
Current Employee - Merchandise Supervisor in Irmo, SC (US)

I have been working at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wal-Mart is a "You-Are-What-You-Are" company to work for. if you are a mediocre employee with little drive to advance, don't expect the silver platter, but if you have a desire to serve, to advance, and to complete expectations, then the opportunities are endless.

Cons

90 waiting period for Associate Discount

Advice to Management

Remember two things: Take care of your employees and your employees will take care of you. And "Don't put off till tomorrow, that which can be done today."

reviews filtered by
  1. This was a fun, organized place to work.

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Erie, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Erie, PA (US)

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get your schedule 2 weeks in advance, very easy to call off or switch days with people, get to work with people.

Cons

Some managers are hard to work with like any other company. Had to remind them multiple times before they actually helped me out with something.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your front end and floor employees about what they need. They're the ones doing your up front work and make the customers happy.

2. i can only say from my own experience working for this company was a positive. I learned exactly what i intended.

Former Employee - Csm, Department Manager, Overngiht Lead in Riverside, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Csm, Department Manager, Overngiht Lead in Riverside, CA (US)

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

1. if you have a passion for customer service. your work days/days off are easier.
    2. if you have a good worth ethic. good customers service skills it is possible to move up.
    3. if you dont mind being asked a million questions and know how to answer with good demeanor...you learn quicker that retail is a catch 22. never finsihed. never done. it's all in our
    attitude/outlook. working for walmart taught me about retail.

Cons

1. pay zone area.
    2. some mgrs are better than others.
    3. attendance policy
    4. coverage
    5. evaluations are not fair

Advice to Management

i have learned all the good things about how to be a good walmart manager. its not the managers i have any thing to say to. its the people above the market level. store mgrs are protected by market level. therefore know one that can actually make the difference in what the problems are with the store mgrs. your asst mgrs are only as good as your store mgr. this company has some store mgrs that shouldnt be where they are. "Power in the wrong peoples hands." never wanted to leave this company.