Walmart

corporate.walmart.com

Good, for retail

Grocery Directs (Current Employee) Athens, GA (US)

ProsGood benefits, Excellent 401k matching, GED reimbursment, etc. Better pay than most retail stores, good chance to move up if you can get along with your bosses. Lot of opportunity.

ConsToo many chiefs and not enough indians syndrome, our store manager micromanages too much, nitpicks over small problems while large ones get larger. Employees who don't work and carry their weight stay on while those who work hard are demoted, quit, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage personal responsibility and ingenuity in the lower ranks, it will boost morale. Hire a person to do a job and stand back and let them do it, only step in if they aren't getting the job done, but for the sake of other employees, remove them if they can't perform.

Very good, I enjoyed the face to face customer service experiences.

I have been working at Walmart part-time

Pros: Ability to transfer anywhere worldwide. Cons: Most of the jobs have a low pay. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company to work for

I have been working at Walmart part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Accommodating of part time schedule. Cons: Academic leave is no longer offered. Advice to Senior Management: Bring back academic leave. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!