Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
  corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Great company overall!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Memphis, TN (US)
Former Employee - Store Manager in Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Leader in the industry.
The associates you have the privilege of working with and leading.
Great compensation for managers.

Cons

Bottom line has become more important than associates working there.
Below average compensation for hourly associates and schedules for hourlies are really inconsistent.
Becoming scorecard driven and it's taking away from customer service levels in the stores.

Listen to the leaders in the stores that have been with the company for many years. They do know what they are talking about. They have a better idea of what they need to run the store than a computer or some college kid fresh out of school in Bentonville does.

9019 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Wonderful Employee ,Manager ,communication ,care and respect

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at Walmart part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Walmart where I worked was a great place they listened to employee concerns,and made every effort to help solve them..NEVER did they make you feel unimportant ,or little.. Bonuses where giving and breakfast,lunches and dinners where giving through the year..They made you feel like family as well as part of the team...

Cons

None...This Walmart was a great friendly place to work...

Keep up making employees feel like family,listen to there ideas and concerns always and you will be a unstoppable team....

Very good but a lot of work! (Cashier)

Former Employee - Cashier in Bell Gardens, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Bell Gardens, CA (US)

I worked at Walmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management here was very laid back from what I saw. As a cashier I was started off at $8.40 an hour here in California and got more or less a $400 paycheck twice a month. Be prepared to be flexible what you work as because you will be running around the whole store doing anything you're told! Very kool atmosphere that's non-hostile! Just a pain because you will work a lot for that $8.40!

Cons

We wouldn't get enough customers and therefore didn't have enough money for man power to run the store up to its full potential. Sometimes we would get slammed with customers at a time and only have one person at a register and another at customer service! Also, since it was very lonely most of the time you'd get bored quickly. Not the ideal place to get a promotion. Also like any work place favortism lived there!

Change prices to lower competitive prices! Why spend 30 cents for a cucumber when i can get 10 for $1 across the street!

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart