Associate

I have been working at Walmart full-time

Pros

Great people and company to work for

Cons

Do not pay me enough

Other Reviews for Walmart

It was a fast paced job

Former Employee - Bakery Associate  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Bakery Associate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Walmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of work, lots of unloading of freight, great exercise, fun people, great learning experience, easy job, the bakery is the best!

Cons

the only thing i didn't like about working at walmart was there are just way to many managers to deal with and they suck at communicating new rules and policies to each other, one day we could do said thing, and the next day we couldn't any longer even though one said we could then another one would turn around and say something different.

Learn to communicate rule and policies between managers more efficiently as to now confuse associates.

Unreasonable expectations for slave's wages

Current Employee - Stocker  in  Irmo, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Stocker in Irmo, SC (US)

I have been working at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Minimal qualifications for most jobs. Great for those who just need a paycheck while looking for something more permanent or as part-time holiday work.

Cons

Most positions are considered part-time, but associates frequently work full time hours with a brief reduction just before qualifying for full time benefits. Benefits like health insurance, when available, are laughable. Potential over-time hours are eliminated with extended lunch periods. Associate is rarely offered the option to end a shift early instead of the extended unpaid meal period (at times 3 hour lunches requiring the associate to clock back in for the last 1-2 hours of their shift).

Stop mistreating your store associates. My experience at Wal-Mart showed me why unions are needed.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!