Warnaco Group

www.warnaco.com
  www.warnaco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Warnaco Group

Warnaco...doing great for now

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milford, MA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milford, MA (US)

I have been working at Warnaco Group

Pros

Fair Company, Just out of trouble, Trying to build a better balanced view to its employee, good transparency

Cons

Wastage of Resources, some old horses, Need more steam in this competative envronmt

Doing a great job at your level. Come down a step and look at the performance of middle tier.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Warnaco Group (View Most Recent)

Focused on creating his legacy.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Warnaco Group

Pros

Warnaco Group offers brand recognition and a great place to gain experience in the apparel industry. There is a team oriented environment that provides great exposure to a variety of different fucntions and business. Its a good place to start a career.

Cons

Some of the downsides of working for Warnaco is its philosphy and practices in supporting any shared service function. There is rarely a committment to invest in or upgrade any type of infrastructure to improve back office efficiences and often not enough people to manually perform the job. Although improvement has been seen over the past 3 years, engagement survey scores are still below average and after the last round of deep layoffs, I expect that number will get worse. Leadership tends to be secretive which creates a very gossip and speculation infused environment. Reward and recognition is NON EXISTENT and poor performance is not managed.

Listent to employees and take seriously the feedback you receive. Get rid of senior managers that eat up alot of salary and don't earn a days worth of work. Fill the board room with leaders who have the courage to stand up to the CEO.

Warnaco gave me a great opportunity to learn a wide set of skills and work with a great bunch of people

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was lucky enough to have 2 direct managers who gave me enormous support and encouraged input on all levels

Cons

Sometimes poor communication of company strategies

There are newer employer reviews for Warnaco Group