Washington Mutual

www.wamu.com

It's about leadership

Vice President (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsThe vision was exciting at first and I was proud to be a part of WaMu. I was able to do some of my best work, with some very creative and bright people.

ConsLeadership--and by that I mean the C suite--got caught up in ego gratification and hubris. For the three to four years before the company went under it was all about the numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from your mistakes and surround yourself with people who tell you the truth ... and then resist the urge to run them off if you don't like what you're hearing.

Great company---Culture was very good, but failure at senior levels ran the Bank into the ground.

Financial Representative (Former Employee) Encinitas, CA (US)

I worked at Washington Mutual

Pros: Good pay, benefits, culture. Support in-house promotion vs. outside hiring unless.… Cons: Failure to see that risky lending practices and a greed for money took over vs.… Advice to Senior Management: I think the Bank could have remained a strong and solid Bank if it wasn't for the loosing of lending guidlines and a "race to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Lot of growth opportunity

Business Banking Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Washington Mutual

Pros: They were growing extensively, lot of new product and new… Cons: Sometimes there was too much red tape to get things… Advice to Senior Management: The company was bought by Chase and they have changed how the products… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Washington Mutual.

Worked for Washington Mutual? Contribute to the Community!