There are newer employer reviews for Weight Watchers

Long time employee frustrated by management decisions, low pay and poor training

Former Employee - Receptionist
Former Employee - Receptionist

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best part of this job is working with the members. You develop an investment in their success at the program. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing a member get to their goal weight. I also always enjoyed the other staff members I worked with.

Cons

The pay is very low. You are paid by the meeting, not by hours worked. Whether your meeting takes an hour and a half or two hours or more, your pay is the same. And good luck trying to make sense of your paycheck. In the 12+ years I worked there, I could never explain exactly how I was compensated. There is a set base pay plus commission on product sales and number of members in the meeting. But how that is figured never made any sense.

Receptionists must supply their own pot of money for making change, which means constant trips to the bank to get proper change, all uncompensated. In fact, many tasks expected from you are uncompensated, including checking email for communication from management and reading the staff web site for notices of sales and other communication from the company.

In an effort to save money in the last few years, job training has moved from face to face meetings to online webinars and computer based training. As a result, the quality of the training provided has gone downhill considerably.

Field staff are treated very poorly. You can be removed from any meeting you work without any notice at all. And not because you have done something wrong, but simply because they want to make a change. This seems to happen quite often. This job was not my main source of income, so this didn't affect me much when I was pulled from a meeting. But I saw this done to others who
 were counting on the income from their meetings and they were definitely hurt by the loss of income.

Field staff should be listened to and treated with respect. Communicate better. Improve the training process so that new employees know what they are doing before they start working. Improve the website and the mobile apps. You have built your program to emphasize these things, and yet often they do not work properly, which frustrates members.

243 Other Employee Reviews for Weight Watchers (View Most Recent)

employees requesting a pay raise about 20 years overdue, told to wait about another year

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time

Pros

flexibility of our schedules, nice to work with members from all walks of life. Satisfaction in members success. Some really nice co-workers.

Cons

lousy pay. no pay for extra duties such as preparation for At Work meetings, banking, extra paperwork needed to do your job. Only compensation for mileage over 40 miles, and our homes or apartments donated for free storage of Weight Watchers products. Meeting pay based on 2-1/2 hours, if meetings go over, no extra pay. Low meeting base pay.

Monetary appreciation for you employees now, not the end of the year.

Ha ha ha

Former Employee - Leader/Receptionist/Location Corordinator
    Former Employee - Leader/Receptionist/Location Corordinator

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Members. The members are wonderful.

Cons

Management. They expect full time work for less than minimum wage and this is a part time position.

And I thought it was ME. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Weight Watchers