WellPoint
www.wellpoint.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

Do NOT Contract for them, and don't agree to work for them unless you're in management (and not even then!)

Analyst (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA (US)

I worked at WellPoint as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsFun environment, GREAT benefits if hired full time and GREAT company environment with many fun days and activities.

ConsOperates like a sinking ship. Went through 3 CEOs in my short time there. TOO MANY shakeups at the upper level, will axe and rehire large amounts of workers seemingly random, now offshoring large parts of the lower levels of the company overseas (Antigua, Argentina, Manila, Panama, India, Uruguay and more) and its now depressing to walk in the once bustling buildings that are now ghost halls.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo communication. Not even to other management teams. Axed the whole IT dept stateside, moved it to Uruguay and noone was sure what was going on aside HR.

Many improvement areas are needed

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for more than a year

Pros: Many good people to work with and flexible work schedule… Cons: Total compensation was not impressive, budget is always an issue, and constant organization changes. Executives have old school… Advice to Senior Management: Be generous with total compensation for associates, not only for the executive or VPs. Increase merit increase, bonus, 401K matching, pension plan,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good besides the fact that they restructure the company every 2 years and cannot seem to stay on one path

Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at WellPoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They have a lot of work at home jobs... Working at… Cons: Company restructuring and constant worry of being laid off (position… Advice to Senior Management: Pick a plan that works and stick to it and… More

There are newer reviews on WellPoint.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellPoint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WellPoint CEO Joseph R. Swedish. All reviews posted anonymously by WellPoint employees.