WellPoint
www.wellpoint.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

Fair at best

Nurse Reviewer (Former Employee)
Andover, MA (US)

I worked at WellPoint full-time for more than 3 years

ProsConsistent employment. Never any news of "downsizing".

ConsFelt Underpaid for the amount of work. Worked an average of 5-10 hrs of overtime a week without compensation. Got more respect from the clients and general population than from company managment. Was told consisitently "It is what it is". High turnaround times (dictated by contract) increases stress level of the job. Lost 6 nurses in a month. There were only 12 on staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould be better compensation for the "professional" role desired by the corporation. Nurses continually have the highest "trustworthy" ratings on a consistent basis according to Press-Gainey. Profit before people was uttered many times in the office. You should review how much time and money are required for new hire re-training; it is more cost effective to keep you employees content. My opinion of overworked and underpaid was shared by many coworkers. Management was treated well.

Generally great company with competitive pay & benefits; however, varies significantly by department.

Various Analytical Roles (Former Employee)

I worked at WellPoint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Stable company overall; competitive benefits; executive management has programs to identify "High Potential" associates and presents those identified with challenges and opportunities to… Cons: Certain decisions are made at Executive level do not seem to consider the impact to lower levels. I was never personally impacted by this… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Company

Customer Care Representative I (Current Employee)
Fond du Lac, WI (US)

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Very Clean Office Environment - No Sales (in my position) - People are very positive and encouraging… Cons: - Starting pay is a bit low even for someone with more experience - The job… Advice to Senior Management: None at this time. I did give the CEO a thumbs down because I think all CEOs get paid way too much… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on WellPoint.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellPoint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WellPoint CEO Joseph R. Swedish. All reviews posted anonymously by WellPoint employees.