There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

The best company I ever worked for!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Wells Fargo. I worked for Wells for nearly 5 years. I went through many significant changes during my time with Wells; not only were the changes relevant professionally, but there were major personal struggles and growth during that time as well. I was able to utilize many different benefits Wells Fargo offers: the tuition reimbursement program, short-term disability, singing in the choir in Minneapolis, the volunteer program-Junior Achievement Finance Park, several different employee recognition programs, and many other programs which provided a fulfilling work environment.

Cons

As with any work environment, there can be tension and issues that arise between employees. I found that my particular department was a breeding ground for negative issues and cliques. These problems, however, are common everywhere.

reviews filtered by
  1. Jump into madness....

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has a strong American history. If all parts of the company were forced to operate with the same customer focused mentality as opposed to how many solutions a checking accounts per day, which translates to nothing in making money for the company, (North and Central Jersey) The company would be better off.

Cons

Long hours, focus not on 100% of goal, but 200% every day. Little product benefits, and little to offer customers.

Advice to Management

To many old chiefs, need to remove old Wachovia people who refuse to get 100% on board., even though thay act like they are. CAn't teach an old dog new tricks, you just end up with a mixed up dog.

You're nothing more than what you can produce for them.

Current Employee - Customer Sales and Service Representative in Greensboro, NC (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of advancement opportunities, if you're willing to deal with the endless grinding and screwing over of customers.

Cons

Unrealistic goals, very very pushy sales techniques expected, micromanaged down to the nitty gritty... not even sure why I was a banker since I had to go check with my store manager before I did ANYTHING. I was a Customer Sales and Service Representative which gets paid less than a Personal Banker but has the exact same expectations. The goals are supposed to be different, but the district manager would send out daily "expectations" and "challenges" and they were the same for both positions. Call nights EVERY night, regardless of if you are making your goals or not. Crappy "prizes" for meeting insane goals like $5 each for lunch or cookies or candy or STUFF with Wells Fargo logo all over it. Management doesn't care about their employees at all, they only care about the bottom line. They encourage unethical behavior in order to get sales... but don't get caught, because then you're on your own. I didn't get fired, but I watched countless bankers gets fired while I was there... for "gaming". They create an environment where you feel like you have to do unethical things in order to make your goals. Nothing is ever good enough, if you have an amazing day on Monday but on Tuesday you don't meet your goals... then you're in the toilet. It doesn't matter if it averages out and you're at goal for the quarter, they make you feel like crap for not meeting goals every. single. day. and in every single category. Sorry, but it's just not possible.. and I was a good banker, always exceeded my goals. Never good enough. I was in the Greensboro district in North Carolina.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like they are expendable robots that are only there to produce and squeeze every last bit out of every last customer they see.