There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Values employees, customers, and investors.

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)
Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in the Internet Services Group of Wells Fargo and it was a terrific place to work.
The hours were reasonable, good benefits, and an enjoyable group of employees.
Good budget for software tools so you usually get what you need to get your work done.
Mostly, I really appreciated that Wells Fargo truly seems to want to provide value to employees, customers, and the community as much as they do for investors.

Cons

It's a huge behemoth so things can happen very slowly which can get, perhaps, a bit boring sometimes.
They are eliminating the San Francisco offices and I sense a degradation in work environment since I left.

Don't leave San Francisco! It's worth the extra rental cost for the quality of the technical people.

6688 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Cares more about sales than customers and employees

Current Employee - Phone Banker III Premier in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Phone Banker III Premier in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Staff is extremely friendly and will ing to help each other

Cons

Low pay compared to other Banks, Constantly changing bonus structure making it harder and giving out less. Constant threats of write ups dismissal if sales and profit per call goals aren't met. Low moral. Highest turnover I have seen on any job. Managment has even left due to unfavorable bonus structures. Dispitewhat they saw they do not promote from within, and forget trying to move to another department for career growth. If and when you do it typically comes with a pay cut.

Treat employees like people not mindless robots. When sales are met give out money not peices of candy (literally)

Jump into madness....

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company has a strong American history. If all parts of the company were forced to operate with the same customer focused mentality as opposed to how many solutions a checking accounts per day, which translates to nothing in making money for the company, (North and Central Jersey) The company would be better off.

Cons

Long hours, focus not on 100% of goal, but 200% every day. Little product benefits, and little to offer customers.

To many old chiefs, need to remove old Wachovia people who refuse to get 100% on board., even though thay act like they are. CAn't teach an old dog new tricks, you just end up with a mixed up dog.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo