Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

Values employees, customers, and investors.

Former Employee - Applications Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros

I worked in the Internet Services Group of Wells Fargo and it was a terrific place to work.
The hours were reasonable, good benefits, and an enjoyable group of employees.
Good budget for software tools so you usually get what you need to get your work done.
Mostly, I really appreciated that Wells Fargo truly seems to want to provide value to employees, customers, and the community as much as they do for investors.

Cons

It's a huge behemoth so things can happen very slowly which can get, perhaps, a bit boring sometimes.
They are eliminating the San Francisco offices and I sense a degradation in work environment since I left.

Don't leave San Francisco! It's worth the extra rental cost for the quality of the technical people.

Other reviews for Wells Fargo

Overwhelming incredible amazing amounts of micro-management.

Current Employee - Personal Banker I  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Tampa, FL (US)

Pros

Decent schedule, only one Saturday a month. Lots of room for movement, drink the kool-aid though.

Cons

I work for a district that micro manages EVERYTHING! My manager cannot approve our own PTO, the DM does it. DM every Wednesday reviews every interaction we had with every customer with our manager. I am then nit picked for not wording my contact events just right, or plugging the wrong number into the CNA''s. Nothing is ever good enough. To the critics who would state I am just a slacker I am second in my districts for sales! Doesn't matter scrutiny comes to all.

PLEASE allow some store autonomy, and stop pushing sales on every customer. I have heard so many complaints and requests that we not sell to them every time they visit a teller. Your push for sales tempt many to walk the gray line.

Consumer Loan Underwriter 3

Former Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter III  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter III in Charlotte, NC (US)

Pros

Monthly bonus. Base aalary $63,000.

Cons

Company hired me as a Senior Underwriter although I had no experience in mortgage lending, only commercial underwriting. Although I learned quickly, there were some details that I missed. The Lending Manager responsible for granting loan authority claimed she had trained me several times, which was completely false. I was let go after 3 months due to mistakes on 2 loans out of 24 that I had underwritten. Very unfair envirornment. 10+ hours of overtime required per week.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!